Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

regarding not responding error

Status
Not open for further replies.

darshan_rp

Civil/Environmental
Aug 4, 2024
IN
as my model is about RCS beam column joint, i have provided number of iteration 30k but it pops up error that more number if iteration required. so i increased that to 80k but it shows not responding error. please help me...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If Abaqus/Standard doesn’t converge after so many increments (I guess you are talking about the *STEP, INC parameter) then it’s unlikely to converge at all. What is the last increment size with respect to total step time ?

What "not responding" error do you mean ? Abaqus/CAE freezing and showing Windows communicate "Application is not responding" ? For large analyses, it’s better to avoid submitting analyses from Abaqus/CAE and just run them directly from the command line.

basically i have deined step as follow:
STEP: 1 LOAD: 160 KN
AMP: 0-0
0.5-1
1-1
2 Displ: 100mm
AMP:0.5-0
1-1
in interaction i have used surface to surface contact between steel beam and concrete

if possible could share your mail so that i can share you model

I would need some information about the incrementation specifically (as mentioned in the previous post). We can't share e-mails on this forum due to spam risk so please share everything you can here. It doesn't have to be a complete input deck for now. Just the part with the step definition (*STEP and *STATIC keywords and their data lines) and some last lines from the .sta files plus any relevant warning/error messages that you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back