Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Registration state by state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoulder

Structural
Apr 19, 2021
AU
I work on non building structures mostly QLD NSW and VIC. I understand registration requirements there. Other states not so sure and the IEAUST summary webpage isn't clear.

QLD - RPEQ required.

NSW - not required because rego only for multi residential buildings.

VIC - RPEV required. Extra building assessment not required.

TAS - Not sure but think for buildings only?

SA - No rego system for engineers.

WA - Not sure but think for buildings only?

NT - Not sure but think for buildings only?

ACT - Need RPEACT (or whatever it's called).

Can anyone fill in TAS WA and NT? Problem is the building code covers non buildings so prob need to dig into legislation to find out what counts as a building for rego. NSW did the right thing and listed BCA classes that require rego.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tasmania you need to be get an Engineer's License from CBOS. With that you are able to sign Form 35's and Form 55's, which in turn would form part of a Certificate of Likely Compliance. From memory Form 35 is for items you've designed and Form 55 is for items you've reviewed.

@Trippelsewe Thanks. Do you know if Tassie needs registration for non-buildings? Think bridges and jetties and other outdoor structures.

@FreddyNurk Thanks for replying. Do you know if non building structures need NT registration? Problem is that NT Board tells you what you need to make an application but fuzzy wording on if you need to be registered. From your link:

"A Structural Engineer may certify the design and/or construction of all classes of buildings or structures and component elements, in accordance with the structural provisions of the Building Code of Australia."

I've been on jobs where certifiers apply Class 10 as an "everything else" structure class and other jobs for sim structures where the certifier says BCA doesn't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back