Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Reiforced Concrete Column interaction diagrams 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

socks15

Structural
Dec 20, 2006
US
Hey everyone. I'm taking the SE exam in April and I can't fine a decent set of RC column interaction diagrams. I'm having trouble find some that are useful. I even bought the CRSI design guide. There isn't enough separation on some of the diagrams. For instance the 16"x16" shows the curve for f'c of 4ksi and then jumps to 7ksi. There's a large gap between those two values.

Does anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks,
Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Canada we use the Concrete Design Handbook, which has a number of interaction diagrams with fc` jumping by 5 mPa (fairly typical of mixes here. Would be about a 0.75ksi jump per diagram). I've attached a typical page. But the diagrams are based on bar layout + fc` so if you are looking for a specific configuration you will have to provide it to us. If you need all of them just buy the handbook!

EDIT - Not sure why my links don't seem to be uploading directly. But here it is:

For some reason I can't seem to use the quote funtion.

Enable. The instructor I had for my concrete review course recommended the CRSI 2008 10th ED. The only physical copy I can find cost $800 on Amazon. I then called CRSI to purchase the pdf version. I was told that the device it was downloaded to was were it would reside and couldn't be moved. As if computers and phones don't die and or get replaced. I then also informed that I could pay extra for a multiple license for up to 3 devices. The kicker was that I wouldn't be allowed to print from the PDF. I wasn't going to waste my money.

Daywalker, you rock and thanks a ton! I bought the design handbooks, but there weren't a compilation of the column diagrams. Heck, I didn't even know about the Design Aid.

Thank you too Skeletron!

This place is awesome.

...and the engineers are OK, too.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

If you want CRSI for columns, the document to have would be the one shown below which is essentially just the columns chapter from the big book, isolated and updated. $50.

Another option is the Structural Engineering Reference Manual. It's got interaction diagrams in the appendix and, additionally, is the best single reference for the SE in my opinion.

C01_dkgggc.jpg

c02_cnuq3x.jpg

C04_dnfxbc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back