Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinforced Concrete Structural Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr567

Structural
Aug 21, 2009
Is there a detail reference manual showing the typical details of RC structures? I know ACI has a detailing manual; however, it appears that it is intended for the detailers than the structural engineers. I know ACI-318 has few typical details as a part of manual for clarification, but not a separate book of all the typical details compilied at once place.

In engineering, every problem is an opportunity!!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes. It has tables and sample calculations, not the typical details I am looking for.

Splitrings, I thought SP-66 is intended for detailers than the structural engineers. I do not have it though. Also, I only need RC details for building structures.

It states it is broken down into three sections; one for the engineer, one for the detailer and the third provides tables and figures(very similar to CRSI). There are quite a few details in the engineering section for columns, beams, slabs, walls, footings, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back