Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinforcement pad split in half 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsaku100

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2010
ES
Hi,

Whether code allows for split type (Half segmented) RF pad construction.

Regards, Suresh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Below is from UG-37(h) of the A99 Addenda anout split repad.

Unless the provisions given below are satisfied, the area A5 as defined in Fig. UG-37.1 shall be multiplied by 0.75. The area A5 does not require any reduction if one of the following is satisfied:
(1) Each butt weld is radiographed or ultrasonically examined to confirm full penetration, or
(2) For openings in cylinders, the weld is oriented at least 45 deg from the longitudinal axis of the cylinder.

whether fabricating or reviewing code vessel calcs/drawings, you really need to be up to date with code addenda.

without it you can not do your job

Sometimes you have to take some from your children, to buy the latest tools of trade;- I get them provided by the companies I work for, but if someone is in need of some help, I wouldn't hesitate to get off my high horse and lend them my hand. But hey, I've been told so at home, GOD bless them.
Cheers,
gr2vessels

well ya see, I wonder what else is being missed by him not having up to date code books.

that was my point

glad to help out guys and do so regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back