Relation of Rated air flow of Hepa filter and Blower Airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACL

Mechanical
Jun 5, 2023
PH
Hello,

What happen if your blower airflow is greater than the Rated Air flow of HEPA filter, does it decrease the efficiency of the HEPA filter?

Please respect post.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please plot the system curve(ductwork,HEPA etc) against the blower performance curve.HEPA filter will give a higher airflow indicated by the intersection of the two curves

Thank you for your respond SAK9. So it is recommended to have a lesser blower airflow compare to the rated airflow indicated in HEPA filter? Sorry I am a newbie

The fan will be on a VFD so its speed will vary to maintain design airflow rate.Also bear in mind that HEPA filter constitutes a big chunk in system resistance and it goes up(doubles) as the filter gets dirty.

Thanks SAK9. I have HEPA Filter with a rated airflow of 1000 cfm and 1 in. W.G resistance. So it will be okay if my blower have an airflow of 1000 cfm then 1.5 in. W.G right?

The fan needs to provide the needed flow considering the pressure drop of the entire system.

A filter is likely only one part of the system.

As SAK9 implies, a HEPA filter's performance changes with time as it does it's job. Your fan needs to consider this change as well.

You would need to ask the vendor I think but its usually not good to exceed vendors recommended limits.

But it's DP which is usually the key issue.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back