Relay Test Plans for Doble F6150 test set

Status
Not open for further replies.

armysparky

Electrical
Oct 23, 2007
US
thread238-113769

We have just installed SEL 300G, 387T, 311L, 487B and 351 relays. I am looking for test plans that will run on a Doble F6150 test set. Does any one have some already created that I could use? Then, how do I get them from you?
Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure it will help you?

Purely hypotetically I can send you some ProTest test plans for the relays you mentioned but they are for the relays that I've got; and they are different from yours. You will have to re-design those test plans anyway as you relays have different settings and logic. Why don't you just start write your own plans - it's easy. Maybe you should use F6Test.

Thanks for responding. It will help even if I have to develop my own test plans. You may have a thought process and ideas different from mine and I can see how I could improve mine. Question now is how do I get a hold of your plans. I don't do this stuff very much so I am a real novice.

Thanks for your help.

armysparky,

Not to be negative and/or underestimate your abilities, but those aren't relays that a "real novice" should be testing. It sounds like these relays are going to be protecting some rather expensive equipment $$$ !!

If I was the owner/customer of that plant, I would not allow a novice to test those relays.

In my opinion, you should reconsider what you've gotten yourself into before it's too late.

No problem. I have developed a test plan for the sel 351 from scratch and tested the other relays but only one element at a time. What I want to do is automate the testing and test all elements in a cascading fashion to be able to test the overall system response including the devices the relays control. This to me overall protection required to protect our distribution system and see that all the players interact properly. Sometimes what we think should work, doesn't. I am just looking for good ideas and other methhods of testing. Also, if another element is made active, then I might already have a single element test plan in place that I can incorporate into the coordinated test plan. Thanks for the input.

We have just installed SEL 387E, 587z, 351A, GE T60, G60, and C60. I am looking for test plans that will run on a Doble F6150 test set. Does any one have some already created that I could use? Then, how do I get them from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back