RELAY WIRING QUESTION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tszpun

Industrial
Oct 22, 2013
QA
Dear Experts,

Please refer to the attachment. Could somebody explain me, what is shown there ?
I am having hard time to visualise the real physical implementation of this connection.
Does this connection mean that these two wires are terminated into the same relay pin (termination point) ?
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
tszpun​

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1e51b245-a22f-4c0b-a6ee-b51937f61060&file=2023-06-01_16-18-57.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Imagine a trip rail or trip bus where multiple contacts can trip the same coil. It's not uncommon for the positive rail to be jumpered, or daisy chained together with other contacts that trip the coil. It's also quite common to see the negative side of optoisolated inputs jumpered or daisy chained together on one side. We generally have the negatives jumpered.

thermionic1 said:
Imagine a trip rail or trip bus where multiple contacts can trip the same coil. It's not uncommon for the positive rail to be jumpered, or daisy chained together with other contacts that trip the coil. It's also quite common to see the negative side of optoisolated inputs jumpered or daisy chained together on one side. We generally have the negatives jumpered.

Thank you for the reply.
That means it is a jumper? Could you explain me, how it is physically done? Because in the terminal drawings i cannot see any jumpers.

It may be a connection anywhere in the circuit.
It may be a splice.
It may be one wire from the relay to a terminal strip and a jumper on the terminal strip.
And with the lack of detail on the drawing, it may be something else.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Since this looks to be a trip output from a relay for a CB. I would say it is trying to show the common positive of a Trips daisy chain.

It’s common for the positive in a trip circuit to be “daisy chained” from one device to the next. It saves on having a bunch of terminal blocks for a common positive. However, it’s a bit of a trap if you remove a device as it will break the chain and multiple devices may stop working (been there, done that.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back