Remaining Life Assesment for Electrical Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumahhutan

Electrical
May 3, 2024
ID
Hi everyone
I am currently conducting an assessment to determine the end of life for electrical equipment. Can someone provide me with references to standards or journals regarding RLA (Remaining Life Assessment) for electrical equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, UPS, batteries, switchgear, and motors, or the testing standards for those equipment?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Consider that older equipment may be replaced by newer technologies, and at times well functioning equipment with a lot of apparent life left is replaced because spare parts are no longer available.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Hi waross, thanks for the reply.
Can you give me a recommendation about the standard (i.e IEEE/IEC/NFPA) for doing remaining life assesment?

Thanks

Remaining service life is discussed in the transformer standards ANSI C57 series. Remaining useful life may be more strongly related to load management and your maintenance program.

CEATI has some good condition assessment guides for thermal and hydro electric generation and balance of plant systems. This might be useful to you, at least for those systems found within thermal and hydro generating stations. The hydro guide is called HydroAMP

Technical brochures (TB) of CIGRE may be of help. TB 358 is about "Remaining Life Management of existing AC Underground Lines", while TB 761 asses power transformers. For transformers specifically, this thesis covers the topic, and can guide you on the specific standard for the remaining life assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back