Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remembering Shown / Hidden Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmiklovic

Automotive
Oct 14, 2014
US
I am an NX user who only occasionally has to work in Catia. All I do in Catia is navigate assembly files for the purpose of quoting. All design work is done in NX (In other words I am green when it comes to Catia).

Here is my question: Is there a way to save a 'bookmark' type file that will remember what components I have shown / hidden in an assembly. We deal with large assemblies 1000+ components. It takes me quite a bit of time to hide off what I don't want seen. When I save the assembly I need to leave all components shown for the next user. I would like to be able to open the file again with only the components I want seen displayed.

In NX we save a 'bookmark' file to do this. Does Catia have equivalent functionality to NX bookmarks?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a basic question.

Regards,
Jay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A. You could just use SAVE AS to make your own copy of the assembly with the components shown/hidden.

- or -

B. You could add one or more Scenes to the original assembly file

Thanks Jack. Save as really isn't an option as I will have multiple users interacting with these assemblies and I need access to what they are doing to them reflected in the file I am using. I believe scenes is the answer. I'll see if I can find some helpful tutorials on how to use scenes, and hopefully that will provide the solution.

Again I am green to Catia.

Jay Miklovic
Sr. Design Engineer
Edco Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back