Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remeshing for an Axisymmetric model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipo159

Materials
May 5, 2010
FR
Hi everyone,

I am new on this forum and also new with Abaqus.
I am trying to run a calculation but it is not really working...
I have a compression in axisymmetric. The load is applied on the rigid body called "piston". The "matrix is not moving.

I would like to remesh the deformable body called "sample".
I have activate the options for the remeshing but it is not working.

Is anyone can help me to make the remesh working please? It would be very helpful.

Another question would be: why, in the job monitor, I don't have anything in columns "ierations" and I have really big numbers in column "increment"? Is it normal?

Thanks for having read my message and I hope someone will help me!^^

Best regards,
Pipo159

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am new to ABAQUS as well, I don't know about the first part of your question. As for the second part on the "increment" size can be sort of controlled if you click on the particular step module, on one of the tabs you can specify the min max and first iteration size. You might have already known this...Good luck!

To answer your second question you are running an explicit simulation. Abaqus just chooses very small time increments and does not check for convergence at each increment, those are the large numbers you are seeing.

In an implicit simulation Abaqus will set the time increment and not go to the next increment until the current one is small enough that the solution converges. This is the type of simulation that the settings that nemey is referring to.

HTH
Dan

Hi,

First, thank to both of you for your answer.
Ok I understand why there is no iterations and very large number of increments!

Thanks a lot

Pipo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back