Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing projected view parent relationship 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilasH

Dec 19, 2006
US
I sometimes accidentally add a projected view relationship when I drag and drop into a drawing, creating an alignment that I don't want. In this specific case, I'm starting with a flat pattern and then adding views of configurations with one bend added at a time (think your old Transformers instructions) for a more complex sheet metal part. Solidworks wants to automatically align the centerlines vertically, but I want the left edges aligned vertically, since the center line changes location as bends are added. I've found that if I hold down Ctrl while I place it, it won't add that relationship, but is there any way to remove it after the views have been placed?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can right click on the view and select Alignment, Break Alignment. If you wish to re-align the views you can right click on the view again and choose Alignment, Align Vertical/Horizontal by Center/Origin, then select the view from which to align with. However, I do not know of a way to align from a certain entity (ie. a specific edge) other than the center or origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back