Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

renamed part still has the old number

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidCreative

Mechanical
Jul 27, 2004
CA
File number, not matching number in assembly tree?

It happens more with parts created from content center, which are copyed, and renamed. The renamed part still has the old number in the assembly tree!

If anyone had a similar problem, or know a solution it would be greatly appriated

Thanks
Matthew
2008 Autodesk inventor simulation

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well seeing as you have 2008 and not 2010 I believe you need to manually edit the part number in the iprops (If you aren't completely up to date with hotfixes/service packs then I would suggest loading those and seeing if the issue is still present..I do not know if this was addressed for older versions). This has been addressed for 2010 in service pack 1 for non-content center parts but I believe has yet to be fixed for CC parts. Last I heard it was sent to development to fix in a hotfix or SP but has yet to be fixed AFAIK

I've run across this as well for bot CC and non-CC parts, but I'm still on Inventor 11. Only fix I can see until upgrading to 2010 (and hope that fixes it), is in the Occurence Tab in the iProps. There you are allowed to change the name in the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back