Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming for Quality inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoniaDesign

Industrial
Oct 16, 2013
ES
Hi, I need one Macro to change the name of one dimensión selected. I've been using the Handleman's macro and I have modified it to place one value for each view and another for the dimensions, like (1,1), (1,2) ..... (2.1), (2.2), see the attached file. The problem is when I need to run the macro for second time, becuase I have removed or added another dimension, the macro rename all dimensions again!
To avoid this I need to run a second macro to place the name that I need for the new selected dimensions.
Can anyone help me, please?,

Thank you in advance,

…and Good job Handleman.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest getting away from the macro programs. I am not sure what version of Solidworks your working with but there is a much easier way. You could set up many different scenarios to achieve the same result. Could you explain more as to why you need a macro to do this?

Hi goodguy1405, thank you for the answer,
With modified Handleman´s macro I have found the solution that I need, each dimension has a unique identifier (1,1) (1,2)….. and I can show or hide the IDs
download.aspx

download.aspx

The problem is when I need to do a modification on the 3D model and this change is showed in the plane.
When I add a new dimension on the drawing, in one view, I need to pass the macro again to give new ID for that new dimension, but executing the Macro again it renames the rest of the dimensions ID. A dimension must always have the same identifier, it can never be changed.
This is the reason why I need a new Macro to modify the ID of the new selected dimensions without change the old ones.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back