Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Render Plots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuma

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2002
BS
Does anybody know how you can get a rendered drawing to plot as close as you can get to the image on screen, without coarse pixelization. The printer I am using is a HP1200C. I have tried all sorts of techniques including saving the image as a BMP. TIFF etc.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you try rendering to file? I just rendered a project that I was working on to file, selected more options and renederd to a postscript file. I used a resolution of 1500x900 and changed the color to 24 bit. I used Microsoft Photo Draw to open the file, It came out very nice.

I rendered to a file, thus controlling the resolution and color depth. If you pic the highest resolution and save to a file, you can import that file into excell. It turns out pretty good and since most PC's have excell, it makes it convenient. You'll have to import the border in excell also.

good luck,
Havis Davenport

I've also noticed that it sometimes seems to makes a difference which program you use to open the saved image and print. I've opened the same image in three different programs, printed using the same printer settings, and gotten three different prints. Sometimes it was print quality that varied (grainy pixels), sometimes it was the printed colors that varied. Never anything drastic, but enough to make a good print look only adequate, or a junk print look pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back