Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rendering to a white backround viewport

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadgirl10

Industrial
Jun 20, 2007
US
I'm currently using AutoCad 2008. My problem is that when I try to render a 3d image to the viewport I can't seem to figure out how to get the backround white. It always comes out black. I've tried everything I can think of, I've been into the options and changed all the 3d/display/color settings I think might apply. The help feature is a joke regarding this matter. I've been thru the advanced rendering settings and can't figure it out either there. I had to resort to making the last image a bitmap, importing it into MS Paint, set fill with white, then importing the image back into autocad for the sole purpose of having a title block. This worked out fine except for the fact that I had a big black box around the image and it was difficult to size very well. I know if I could figure out how to render it to a white backround it would look better and I could get it bigger in the viewport. So does anyone have a clue what setting I could be missing? This would help me greatly when I have to do my next isometric drawing.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are refering to the background of the screen, go to the TOOLS pull down menu>Option>Display folder>Window Elements>Colors and change the color background either in the Model or Layout tab.

Not sure if it's the same in 2007, but one way around it is to do this:

View -> Render -> Render environment

I just turned the fog on, and set it to white, with 100% far, and 0% near, with near and far distances set to miss the object.

Older versions you could just tell it to use a different color background, and specify what it was. Haven't found that in 2007 yet, if it still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back