Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repair of Amber Radiance 1 camera ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JochenA

Materials
Jul 16, 2003
DE
Hi,

does anybody know a company which can repair an Amber Radiance 1 IR camera ? ( Stirling cooler is defective. ) As far as I know, Amber was bought by another company some years ago, and this company couldn' help us. So I'm looking for an independent repair service. Thanks in advance !

Jochen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I too am seeking a repair solution for a Radiance camera. Amber was bought out by Raytheon Comercial Infrared who just recently stopped supporting the radiance cameras (as of Dec 31, 2003). But so far, I haven't had any luck finding a repair facility. I have heard rumor that there's a company with several exAmber people who repair them, but have know idea who they are.

There's a company located some place in New York state that has fixed chillers for us before. Someone said they thought it was named something like Custom Packaging Solutions. But when I tried to do a web search for them under that name, I had no luck.

The below came from a post on the Snell Infrared web site. Not sure if they can handle your camera but it might be worth a shot.

Date: 1/23/2004 1:23:17 PM
We have been repairing Agema and inframetric camera's for over 20 years. We specialize in the repairs that the manufacture no longer do. We do everything from Calibrations to all level of repairs. All estimates are free and our turnaround is fast.

Hi
I too am looking for someone to repair an Amber Radiance PM
camera. I am based in the UK but don't expect to find anyone in Europe. Frank Vitko at Raytheon Commercial Infrared suggested I should contact Mark Massie at Novabiomimetics who might be able to help. I have only just contacted him today, so haven't heard back yet but will keep you informed if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back