Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Representation of Thru threaded hole in drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

reswam

Mechanical
May 18, 2001
IN
Dear All
I would like to represent a Thru threaded hole in drawing.
At present in drawing for thru threaded hole it is showing text "THRU ALL".I would like to keep a ISO symbol insted of text to eliminate text in drawing view.
If anybody knows how u r representing the same.Please let me know
Thanking you
Regards
Reswam

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will have to change the calloutformat.txt file run a search here on that, it's been discussed before. To find location and how to change it. example - thread559-62976

As for using a symbol SW must have that symbol available to use it. If you select a Callout in a drawing you get and option in the property manager called "Variables". Select that and you will see a list of available symbols you can place in a Callout. Place that symbol callout in the place(s) you want it to show up in your calloutformat.txt file.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
3DVision Technologies

faq731-376
faq559-716 - SW Fora Users

Scott,
I understood that we have to edit that text file and we have to send that also who also use,then oly it will work am I correct?If any method like not sending again that libray/text file it may be good
Regards
Reswam

If the person you are sending the drawing to needs to add hole callouts to the drawing, they will need the file.

I do not think you need to send the calloutformat.txt file with the file for someone to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back