Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

representing two geometry in same part

Status
Not open for further replies.

movia

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2007
GB
Hello guys,

Can any of you please help me in solving this.

I am modelling pipe using point coordinates and the rib option. I need to show two pipe models in the same part in which one of the pipe will be bit longer. This long pipe will be used for the drawing but the short pipe is used for the assembly.I am planning to model the longer pipe in seperate body and deactivate it so that it is invisible. But how can i reprensent in the drawing.

In short

Two pipes
one assembly pipe and one drawing pipe
Assembly pipe should visible and will be used for the assembly
Drawing pipe should be invisible but should be used for the drawing.
These two pipes should be interconnected.

I HOPE THIS DESCRIPTION IS ENOUGH TO SOLVE THE PROB

tHANKS IN ADVANCE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think the correct way is to use representations in Product structure (manage representation) and thereafter use drawing styles on the drawing to show the wanted representation.

Hi azreal

thanks for the reply

But can u please brief it a little more with an example
I will be eagerly waiting for this

Thanks in advance

I'm not working now with enovia vpm so I can't test how it works in that enviroment.

The basics are that you beside the model create another model and store it as CATShape (other non parametric formats are supported). I guess that in enovia vpm you store the CATShape as a document to the enovia part. And with "manage representations" in Product Structure workbench you add another representation... here I'm not sure how the access to the session or enovia vpm will behave or if you chose a local file and then save it into enovia vpm

But then you need to create a "generative view style" to use on the drawing side, have never created one, just changes, try the F1 maybe.

We use Enovia VPM also...

I would suggest to create the short real part for the PSN and create a multi-use Part with the longer geometry for the drawing.

It is up to you to decide if you want links between those two 3D files...

The CATShape option (see above) would work fine for file base environment, but for VPM it depends on your configuration, settings.... we do not use CATShape, and I do not know if it would work or not.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

thanks itsmyjob for the reply

as i was on leave i could not see this suggestion.
I feel that the method what you are saying might work. could you please explain a little bit further with an example.
thanks in adavance ¨
i will be eagerly waiting for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back