Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rerun analysis in Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallup

Automotive
May 9, 2003
US
I have set up an analysis in Creo Simulate Lite and in the same Creo session I have made some changes to the model. Now I want to rerun the analysis. However, when I got to Applications/Simulate the "Process Guide" pops up and has all the steps checked already. I don't see any way to make it run the analysis again. No helpful dialog (the help system doesn't even list Simulate Lite as a option) or right mouse button popups.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So I saved my modified part, quit Creo and restarted it. I went into simulate and it lets me step through the process reusing my predefined material, constraints & loads. However, when I get to the analysis it says "The analysis "Myanalysis" has already been defined, please enter a new name. I see no place to do this. I already deleted every "Myanalysis" file & folder from the disk prior to starting Creo. Creo remade a Myanalysis folder when I started simulate lite. What to do now?

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Hi dgallup,

hope i have understood your problem correct.

I have just tested Simulate Lite with the following setup:

1. Created a model - 2. Opened Simulate Lite - 3. Gone thru the Process Guide (Materials, Constaints ,...., Results) - 4. Result of analysis shows up just fine - 5. Added an extrusion to the model - 6. Back into Simulate Lite - 7. Process guide shows up with all steps checked - 8. Clicked "Analysis" and then "Run" - 9. Model is rerun with the added extrusion - 10. Result of analysis shows up just fine again

Hope this helps you further.

Best Regards

Hi,

i dont have any of the trouble you have when i run a lite simulation. The only difference that occurs, after i have made changes to the model, is that the checked mark after analysis is gone. Then i just press run again and the models runs just fine.

See the picture attached.

I then tried to make a second model, first was named "prt0001" and the second model is named "prt0002". Both saved in the same folder. When trying to simulate prt0002 i ran into the same problems you are experiencing.
I think that in Lite you can only have 1 simulation per folder (Working Directory).

Hope this makes sense and works out.

Best Regards

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=57779692-d322-4b24-ad71-7fc7f5813b19&file=Sim_Lite_Step_by_Step.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back