Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

resaving a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnm

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2002
ZA
Q1 When saving a certain .dft files especially to .dwg a message appears "cannot save file you may not have write-access for the file or directory"
What is the cause of this?

Q2 In the assembly environment after editing a part,I want to close and return,I click the file button and Solid Edge crashes. Could someone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We need to know your version and service pack of Solid Edge and Windows.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

I also experienced the same type of problem few times.
Opened a parasolid file in SE 14 and trying to save as part file,it gives a message.. "Cannot save file, you may not have write-access for the file or directory"

Any solutions..

Thanks

What version and service pack of windows are you running? Are you on a network? Are you trying to save to the network or locally? Do you run Insight?

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, the Round Table recommends FAQ731-376

Yep, same hapened with us in version 8 and 10.. Bummer is, saving on your own computer (not over the network) will work. Relocating the file to the server, and everything is working again...
It might have something to do with the windows-setup (NT4 we used), but we got over it by installing V12 in the end.

Regards,

Pekelder

We get this problem with V11 over network when network has had a blip (or gone down and restarted). Sometimes we can't even save the file locally. You certainly learn the value of saving often after that happens. The network (Win NT4)reestablishes the connections to the mapped drives but seems to lose the connections to the opened files. They basically become orphans.

well got the same prob with win200 and solidedge 12 and really need a solution.

locally it works but netw0rk no
no slash or special caracter in name
caus ei tested it by simply using 1.par

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back