Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reservoir Cost Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonasP

Civil/Environmental
Aug 14, 2008
CA
Does anyone have any good estimating tools for concrete water reservoirs? I've been told by our structural group that they pretty much use rsmeans, but all I'm looking for is something that's quick and dirty but with some sound asumptions.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the US, I'd use about $1.00 to $1.25 per gallon of storage for a reinforced concrete reservoir, especially if it needs to be excavated and backfilled. You might get a better price for a prestressed concrete or steel reservoir. Steel is only appropriate for above ground.

$160 per cubic yard, complete in place seems extremely low, I typically use about double that number for structural concrete. If post tensioned, you may need to add even more. You will need to add for the site and appurtenant work such as site work such as excavation and backfill, waterstops, paint or coatings, disinfection, testing, tank and yard piping, ladders, hatches, vents, roof, RTU, lighting, fencing, etc...

Thanks for the responses, useful information, but what I was hoping for was more of a cost per gallon or million gallons. I'm looking to generate some replacement cost estimates for PSAB / asset managment purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back