Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resetting/removing all display properties in an assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelkSA

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2013
ZA
I have an assembly where various parts have been assigned various different display colours.

Is it possible to remove all these properties in the entire assembly in one go?

Regards

------------------------------------------
Here's looking at you, looking at me, looking at you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Now if you're talking about colors which were assigned to the Components of the assembly in the context of the Assembly where these colors are overriding the original color of the Master Models, YES, there is a way to do that. Simply select all the Components in the assembly, either by cursor dragging the area of the screen or picking the 'Select All' icon in the Selection Bar (or using the hotkey 'Ctrl+A') and once all the Components are highlighted, place your cursor over any part of the Assembly, press MB3 and select the 'Properties' item. Now select the 'Assembly' tab, toggle OFF the 'Specific Component Color' option and hit OK.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

My suggested solution will work with all versions of NX since at least NX 5.0.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

OK,
I just remember a single button in the Display Properties in the ANT that was there to reset all the component colors to they originally were.

A single button would be an improvement. Was this a regression?

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Thank you all.

This does however not seem to resolve my problem.

When I now want to assign different colours to objects, the changes seem to have no effect. I have tried this both in the assembly by selecting solid bodies and trying to change their colours and also by making particular components in the assembly the display part and then trying to change colours, to no avail.

Regards

So, it seems that I have found a solution.

If I select a body and make sure that the 'Apply to all faces of Selected Body' under the display properties tab is checked, the changes to take affect!

If you wish to change the color of a Component, at the Assembly level but not the actual color of the Master Model, then simply select the Component and change its color.

As for the notion that this could be done using some sort of single gesture inside the Assembly Navigator, I have NO recollection of there EVER being a feature like that. But if you really NEED to do this by selecting a single button, you could always create a Journal that could then be executed from an icon added to one the ribbon tabs using Customization.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back