Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resitance time calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

carly1

Chemical
Sep 9, 2010
ZA
Hi

i am working on a broblem which i cant seem to get the solution.

we have a tank which is supplyed with an X liters/min of green liquor at Total alkaly (TA) of 98 to 145 g/l as Na2O, and tank have active or operating volume of 5300m3 the level is mostly operated at 50% but can change at the same time we take out X liters/Min of green liquor at a TA of lower than the supply. all i want to know is at what time will i be able to notice the supply TA at the outlet and how much TA will it be at that time?

your help is appriciated

regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your question is unclear and there are some missing pieces to the puzzle. Are you asking approximately how long would it take for the outlet concentration to be be equal (or nearly equal) to the supply concentration? If so, then its unclear what you mean by "how much TA will it be at that time".

Can one assume that the tank is well mixed? Are there any reactions or decompositions that will affect the concentration of TA other than material entering from supply? Can one assume steady state on TA Supply concentration (though you say it varies from 98 to 145 g/L) as well as tank volume (also seems to vary)?

If the tank is well mixed, inlet concentration is (relatively) steady and operating volume is (relatively) steady at 0.5 x 5,300 cubic meters then problem is easy.

Please advise if above can be assumned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back