Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing a Design Table Inserted in a Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoshill

Automotive
Aug 8, 2006
US
SW2007SP5

Does anyone have a fix or work around for the following.

When inserting a design table in to a drawing, I can not find a way to resize the table with the window handles (LMC and drag). By resizing I mean to show more and less rows and/or columns NOT to make what is already visible bigger or smaller.

1) It appears that the size shown on the drawing sheet is whatever was last visible in the model when the table was edited.

2) LMC and dragging from a corner only resizes the rows and columns already showing.

3) LMC any of the vertical or horizontal edges only moves the table

Suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you DBL click inside, it opens the part and subsequently the design table for editing. And just to be clear, the corner handles work. It is the vertical and horizontal handles that do not. They simpy move the table.

OK, I think I may have found a work around.

1) Save the Design Table off.

2) Import the table as an object in a drawing

3) Then, it appears if you DBL RMC on the edge of the table, it launches in the drawing and it allows you to resize.

4) If you do not do it this way, and simply try to DBL LMC on the edge of the inserted design table, it will launch the part and the design table with in it.

Still an ugly set up though. Does 08 have a better solution for creating tabulated drawings?

If the way you list works for you and you are happy with it, that's great.

I'll continue to do it the simple way ... per ctophers post. Which in effect is the way SW intended.

SW Help said:
Editing a Design Table in a Drawing

1. Double-click the design table in the drawing. The model opens in its own window, and the design table opens for editing.

2. Modify the table as needed. When you are done, click outside of the table to close it.

3. Return to the drawing window, and click Rebuild to see the updated table.

An alternative (but essentially the same);

SW Help said:
Displaying a Design Table in a Drawing
In the part or assembly document, edit the design table as needed. The design table is displayed in the drawing exactly as it appears in the model document.

Drag the resize handles on the corners and sides of the table to adjust the boundaries of the table. Make sure that all the rows and columns that you want are displayed, and remove any empty rows or columns.

Hide any rows (or columns) in the middle of the table that you do not want to display in the drawing. Right-click the numbered cell at the left of the row (or the lettered cell at the top of the column) to select the whole row (or column), and select Hide.

[cheers]

Echoshill
That is how the design table works.
What you see in the table in the part is what will show up in the drawing. Just remember to use Crtl Q to refresh the table.

Once in a while I have had to delete the table from the drawing and reinsert it to update correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back