Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resolve the selected parts that is loaded as lightweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshom

Mechanical
Feb 7, 2016
AU

I have two questions:

In a loded assembly

1) How to find out if the selected part is loaded as resolved or lightweight?
2) If loaded as lightweight, how to resolve only the selected part (not all of the lightweight parts)?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you load an assembly, each component will either be fully resolved or lightweight (1 - noted with a feather icon beside it) - To fully resolve an assembly, 2 - RMB at the main assembly, there will be an option to set lightweight parts to resolved.

SW Professional 2015 SP 5.0
SW Electrical 2D/3D SP 5.0
64 bit
Intel Xeon X(R) CPU 3600 @ 2.80 GHz
8.0 GB of RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Thanks for your reply!

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I need to do these tasks using Solidworks API.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

If your assembly has some parts loaded lightweight and some loaded resolved and you want them all resolved then you can do that easily without having to check the lightweight/resolved status of each part. Just RMB on the top assembly icon and select "Set Lightweight to Resolved", similar to what Nella95 said.

I don't mess with API so I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but you might find the right code by doing this while you record a macro. Then you might see the code you need inside the macro.

Hope this helps.

- - -Updraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back