Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resonant frequency of water possible or not? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absorber8

Chemical
Feb 19, 2008
US
In thread466-1866: Resonant Frequency of water molecule i read that a possible frequency could be emitted to potentially break the ionic bonds of water; what type of machine would emit radio/micro waves at such frequencies? Would the machine be adjustable?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try Googling: 22.235 GHz. Also, look into radio astronomy and 'water line'. There are several frequencies listed above 275 GHz.

There was a news tidbit a few months ago about some loons that found that water subjected to huge amounts of microwave would disassociate and they could ignite the resultant hydrogen oxygen gas mixture. What I could see was that the flame was quite small and the microwave generator was quite huge. There was AT LEAST an order of magnitude gap between the AC power being consumed by their equipment and the power evidenced in the embarrassingly small flame. That obvious inefficiency made the news less than interesting to me.

I was following that story closely and concur with most points. The media were not helpful nor was the web, but it is not likely possible to couple RF energy by simple absorption in the water. That is why we have 'ionizing' radiation (x-rays for example). But I wanted to add my observation from the videos I saw that ties into this thread... the work described started with making a gold(?) colloid that would couple with the RF for cancer drug delivery. Then, in a video, it looked like there was a small amount of colored liquid (consistent with a colloid IMHO) placed in the rf field. Then, without explanation, it looked to me that the water-turned-to-fuel may have had the dilute colloid added to it before the activation in the rf field. These small metal particles in the water may just catalyze the water dissociation in the rf field. As for efficiency, I too am dubious since such experiments certainly must have been done in the past century by others and become a curiosity instead of a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back