Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Result in different layers? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seandree

Mechanical
Jun 18, 2003
SE
I use the command:
*SHELL SECTION, ELSET=ALL, COMPOSITE
0.012 ,3 ,MAT1 ,ORI_FRONT
0.016 ,3 ,MAT1 ,ORI_FRONT
0.200 ,3 ,MAT2 ,ORI_FRONT
0.016 ,3 ,MAT3 ,ORI_FRONT
0.200 ,3 ,MAT4 ,ORI_FRONT

How can I view the result for different layers in the Viewer, for instance the stresses? Do I have to specify integration points or something else? Do I have to specify on my output request that I want the results in different layers?

I hope someone can help me, I'm stuck!!

/Pablo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Pablo

What you need are the different section points of the cross section. In your SHELL SECTION definition you have chosen 3 integration points per layer. So you will find 15 section points for which you can plot the results in the ABAQUS/Viewer.
To identify the section points on which ABAQUS shall store the results, you need to list them in the *ELEMENT OUTPUT option.
If you use another postprocessor than ABAQUS/Viewer, things may be different. FEMAP for instance is not (yet) able to import results on more than two section points per shell element.

Hope this will help.

Rudolf

Thanks Rudolf!!

How do I specify the different shell section points on the *ELEMENT OUTPUT keyword?

When I look at the Result>filed output>Section points at the moment I only can choose between SNEG or SPOS, I want all the other section points as well!

I hope you can help me some more.

/Pablo

*ELEMENT OUTPUT
S,E

This will give the stresses and strains for the section points 1 to 15 (see ABAQUS Keywords Manual page 5.8-1). For the numbering of the section points refer to the ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual, Section 15.6.5.

This is how you can write it into the input file directly. I don't use ABAQUS/CAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back