Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RETRIEVE FILE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan14

Mechanical
Apr 27, 2001
US
I MADE MISTAKE AND DELETED ALL VERSIONS OF MY FILE FROM
MEMORY.MAY I RETIEVE THIS FILE?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use the Trail File recovery. This is a TXT file that builds ans is saved in your working directory. If this file still exists for the time that you created teh deleted file, then run the trail file to recreate the part.

Steve

DEAR STEVE!
MAY YOU GIVE ME DETAILED
EXPLANATION.

Trail Files (from PTC)

A trail file is a record of all menu choices, dialog-box choices, selections, and keyboard entries for a particular working session. Trail files allow you to view the record of activity so that you can reconstruct a previous working session or to recover from an abrupt termination of a session. Trail files are editable text (.txt) files.

When you run a trail file, the system replays the selections in the exact order in which they were originally made.

Note: Before running a trail file, you must rename it. You cannot rename a trail file within Pro/ENGINEER; on a Windows NT system, use Explorer, and on a UNIX system, use the terminal window to either move or copy the file to the new name.

Rename the trial file that contains the commands used to create the deleted models. If these trail files are no longer available, then you cannot retreive the part. Trail files are created whenever you start a ProE session. These trail files are created and stored in the working directory of your system.

If you find the trail file that corresponds to the part, then copy and rename this file, and run it within ProE. warning, if you dont want to edit the trail file, then ProE will recreate all the step and commands from that single trial file.

Steve

If you don't have required part file on your HDD then sorry you could not retrieve even with trial file also. Pro/E will crash and come when you run trail file.

Yogesh

DEAR STEVE!
I DON'T ASK ABOUT WHAT TRAIL FILE MEAN.
I ASK ABOUT ACTION, HOW I CAN RECREATE PART.
I CAN NOT OPEN MY TRAIL FILE.

Hi,

My suggestion to you is use the program available for getting back all the files deleted.I don't recollect the exact name of the program,But I have heard there are programs which can help you to retrieve all the files which are deleted;This is available in the net.Try google web site and find out this program.

O.K,

I got one program for you.It is called File Scavenger:-

File Scavenger is a file "undelete" and data recovery tool for Windows NT, 2000 and XP machines. The program can retrieve files you may have accidentally deleted, as long as the recovery is attempted before the data was overwritten by Windows. File Scavenger is especially effective at recovering files removed from the Recycle Bin. The program goes further by retrieving data deleted via DOS, network drives and Windows Explorer. This software's size allows you to install it on a hard disk or run it from a floppy diskette.

Among several technical features, the software supports both basic and dynamic disks. It's capable of recovering files from reformatted volumes. There's also a special search mode that scans for traces of defunct volumes, and recover files from "broken striped" (RAID 0 or RAID 5) volumes. In any case, the program can scan very large volumes, even those that are hundreds of gigabytes in size. File Scavenger provides support for NTFS compression, mounted volumes and alternate data streams.

File Scavenger makes it easy to attempt file recoveries, even if the results are not guaranteed. You may search by a defined extension, and attempt to recover multiple files in a single operation. The program supports unicode filenames, and enables you to sort files by one of several attributes.

I got this info. from a web-site.Hope it helps you!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back