Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reuse Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew2323

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2007
US
My employer uses the Master Model system where all original geometry is contained in one CatPart, Published and then Copy-Paste-Special into their respective parts. At higher level assemblies we add our Fasteners which are all contained within their own CatProduct.

I'd like to utilize the Reuse Pattern function to locate 100s of Fasteners. In our Master Model, I created a Part Body. In the Part Body, I created a Pad and then a User Pattern to distribute the Pad. The Part Body is Published.

The Fastener CatProduct contains a few Components which house the Fasteners. I tried to copy and paste the Published element into a Component in the Fastener CatProduct but it pulls in the entire Master Model not just the Published element.

Is there a way to import my Published element into the CatProduct so I can utilize the Reuse Pattern function?

Thanks for your time!
Matthew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does the published body only contain the Pad and Pattern?

Have you tried making the sub-product flexible, so that you can use the Pattern in a higher-level assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back