Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Revit 2010 - Revison sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1144

Structural
Sep 10, 2007
US
I'm looking for some feedback from other structural engineers as to how you handle issuing small revision sheets(letter size, 11x17)?

Our office has been looking at two possible methods, each with their drawbacks. One way is to create duplicate views of the detail or section being revised, and place it on a new sheet. This has the problem of not being static. So the smaller sheets become outdated, and if reprinted would be misleading. The solution is to print the sheets to a PDF file and delete the sheets from the project.

Another method is to use the "freeze drawing" extension. This creates a static picture of the revised detail. The problem with that is you have to refreeze the detail everytime a change is made during the design process.

We haven't found a right or wrong way, just different ways. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What do you mean by "lock"? I know of the "pin" command but that only holds the view in a particular location on the sheet.

Side note to the admin's, this BIM forum is kind of hard to find. It seems to be way off the beaten path. What would it take to move this forum up the food chain?

I appreciate the input, but I've already figured out how to freeze drawings.

I'm looking for some real world methods that engineers have actually used. Our office will use one of the two methods I described in my original post. Is there a third method? Are these the only two methods and I just have to pick my own poison? Does anyone have first hand experience creating revision sheets? Class room experience doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back