Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RF mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardMid

Electrical
Mar 30, 2003
ZA
Firstly, how do you go about mixing a 20kHz signal up to 433Mhz? I am modulating the data at low frequency, and would like to mix it up to 433MHz.

Secondly what oscillator is good at such high frequencies. I am looking at a DRO. Is there anyrhing else I should consider?

At the receiver side I would like to filter the incoming signal just after the antenna, but the bandwidth is only 5kHz, leading to impractical filter design. Please help...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have read up quite alot, but I cant seem to find anything that will answer my questions.

I might have put the question wrong. I would like to mix the signal up. Obviously I need a mixer with a local oscillator, but will one mixer be sufficient? How do I know whether I should use more than one?

Thanks
P.S. Any links will be very helpfull

the SA612 is a neat little mixer ic and includes its own local oscillator, or use an external, i've only used it at lf and hf but the spec states operation to 500mhz
if you do a search for "sa612 pdf" you should find a data sheet with notes on how to use it, also try doing a search through some of the many HAM radio pages, loads of good info out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back