Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rib Hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graybags

Mechanical
Oct 6, 2003
NL
Hi,

SW 2008 allows me to create a sectional drawing of a part and exclude any rib features from being sectioned.

When I apply this to a sectional drawing of an assembly containing the part described above - SW crashes every time.

On creating the section SW prompts me to choose rib features/components to exclude from hatching - I expand the drawing view in the feature tree, expand the part component and choose the rib features I wish to exclude. On clicking OK to the selection SW crashes.

Am I doing something wrong, or can't SW do what I'm asking?

Any help much appreciated.

Graybags

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I'm not able to select the rib on the elevation I wish to section - If I try, I exclude the whole component from being sectioned.

Is the section view parallel or perpendicular to the rib? Considering SW follows ANSI standards, I'm surprised it hatches the rib. Ribs and webs are not supposed to be hatched if the section view is parallel to it. However if the section view is perpendicular to it, it should be shown.

(correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case)

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back