Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ribbons on NX1884 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1423

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
US
I would prefer to have my ribbons always visible.
Currently the entire ribbon bar retracts when I am done with a command.
How do I set my ribbons so they are always visible ?
(this is really a pain in the rear}

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is a button near the "find command" input that will allow you to expand or minimize the ribbon bar. Alternately, you might be in "full screen" mode, which would also hide the ribbon. The screen clip shows the expand/minimize button, the full screen one is the square to the left.

expand_ribbon_ydo3rj.png

www.nxjournaling.com

Also if you go to Preferences User Interface, Theme and Turn Off Enable Transparency for Undocked UI components. Just another setting that may help you out.

Why do they do this ???
My navigator tabs tabs are gone too, and I really don't have time to screw around.
I must have touched something to put me in a messed up mode.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

I think I figured out how to get my Navigators back, but every time I click on black space in my work window my ribbon bar disappears, which makes absolutely no sense at all because it is really slowing me down.
This is really getting me mad.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

The full screen mode does not appear to be the issue. Thanks for trying.
If this is what I am going to have to live with, with automatic updates, then forget it.
I am not certain that an automatic update happened, but it appears that way.
I would like my full ribbon max'd all the time, but I can't.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

Actually it is a full window issue.
When I turned off "maximize" (way up right)
then just manually stretched the screen to occupy the window,
the issue went away

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1884

"Alt-Enter" is a one of these : "oops , I placed the binder on the keyboard, I hope I didn't press any important buttons..."
( my friends let their "preschool" daughter play with the keyboard, and She pressed "left-alt-Shift" which is the shortcut to change input language... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back