Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rigid byelaws of AISC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHARLESCOSTA

Structural
Aug 26, 2007
IN
As per the byelaws of AISC the employees of a firm which is eligible for higher level of membership can not become professional members(lowest cost for engineers).I work in a public sector steel plant in india.My company is not an AISC member nor will it sponsor my membership.I am not allowed to join as a professional member($175)which I am willing to pay from my pocket.They will only allow for me something like associate membership($5000 or so).Can any one please suggest some lawful way to circumvent the law?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Reading the qualifications for active membership, it wouldn't appear to me that you public sector steel plant in India is qualified to be an AISC active member, hence you should be eligible for a profesional membership.

I worked for a manufacturer and they would not allow me an individual membership. They would only allow a company membership which would have cost $5000. Needles to say we didn't join. Seems a bit ridiculous to me to have this restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back