Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RIP Stan Zocholl 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbeach

Electrical
Mar 13, 2003
US
Subject: Sad News - Stan Zocholl Passing (1929 - 2012)

Received from Ed Schweitzer:

Dear all,

With deep sadness, I want to share with you that our dear friend and colleague Stan Zocholl passed away Sunday, after a short illness. There will be a memorial service for Stan at his church near Philadelphia next Tuesday at 10am. My wife and I plan to attend. Please keep his wife Edith and their family in your thoughts and prayers. We have lost a great pioneer, inventor, engineer, colleague, musician, poet, comic, teacher, and friend. This is a big loss. We will all have to be smarter, and funnier, to offset our tremendous loss.

Sincerely,

Ed

Thanks, David. Stan Zocholl was one of a kind. If anyone is interested, you can probably find numerous articles and white papers authored by Stan on the SEL website.

I have something to share about Mr. Zocholl. It was last year, I had a question about one his articles and I contacted SEL.

He has not been working for SEL for a while but SEL tech support discussed my question with him and he called from his home in my office and gave me his number if I have any more questions.

I was impressed to hear from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back