Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RISA 18.0.1 Crashing Issues 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcd0808

Structural
Feb 1, 2020
US
Does anyone have any idea why the new RISA crashes after it gets to the "Initialization...." dialogue on start up? If so, what did you do to fix it?

My work computer does not have any issues but RISA crashes on start up on my home computer every time.

Home computer specs are below:

Ryzen 7 1700X
32 GB Ram
GTX 1080 Ti graphics card
M.2 SSD

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What's your operating system? is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

You might need to use the "run as administrator" option when launching the program. Especially the first time you run it. The first time a particular user launches the program from a computer it tends to set up user specific directories.... Copying those files from the Program Files directory to the My Documents (or equivalent) directory.

Just got this via email today.
It doesn't say anything in the release notes about correcting the 3D-Floor link issues:
RISA_18.0.2_wwywja.jpg

JAE,
When I tried to "round trip" from RISA FLOOR 14.0.1 to 3-D the program went to 3-D version 17 a copy of which I kept, along with a warning that a more recent version was available.

We were told by RISA staff that the linkage between 3D and the other programs wasn't addressed yet - that they were focusing on 3D stand-alone users only for now.

We are staying with v 17 until we know that 18 has been properly fixed.

DylansDad -

Something to know about RISAFloor.... It doesn't really really "interact" with the installed version of RISA-3D that you have. Instead, there is a version of RISA-3D embedded inside of RISAFloor! So, you're not switching back and forth between programs at all. Instead, you're always running the version of RISA-3D that's embedded in RISAFloor.

For this reason, I would suspect that it could be quite awhile before you see RISAFloor interact with that new version of RISA-3D.

For what it's worth, the RISA-3D to RISAConnection link is different. These are two separate programs that interact with each other. Therefore, I'd suspect that this think would be up and running much sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back