Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Risa floor- deleting decks and area loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTengr

Structural
Feb 9, 2005
US
Hopefully this is an easy one.

In Risa Floor I have a situation where I've applied area loads to a floor, but now wish to delete them. Using the graphical editor, I try to delete them by clicking in the area, but it doesn't delete. Nothing happens.

I've experienced a similar situation with applied decks.

Any suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It should be pretty easy to delete them. However, keep in mind that you cannot delete the "drawn in" deck or area load. This is defined on the Floors spreadsheet.

In the plot options, you have the ability to view the deck and area loads "as input" with or without the defaults shown / displayed. So, you might take a look at those plot options to see if that's what your problem is.

Every now and then I will see a user defined area load or deck polygon which has gotten corrupted somehow (and cannot easily be deleted or modified). If that has happened, I would suggest sending the model into the RISA tech support group (support@risatech.com) as there are still tricks that we can use to get rid of the corrupted data.... usually.

Josh- I forgot to thank you for the reply. It was corrupted. Before I tried in a different model, I thought I was going nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back