Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rock Anchor Design Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonbon83

Structural
Aug 3, 2021
CA
Hello every one, my question is regarding the rock anchor "design load". I am going to design a concrete pad with 4 rock anchors to resist uplift. I have factored ultimate uplift load, I need to know the design load as I m going to specify the Lock-off load for the anchor. what is the design load? , I found some papers and guidelines refer to it as "working load" and some like PTI refer it as " The design load for an anchor is the maximum anticipated load to be resisted by an anchor during its service life" which to me is the ultimate load (factored).
Now question is that what is the "design load" for the rock anchor. is it factored ultimate load or it is unfractured service load?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

and using a factor of 0.85 for the dead load...

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Thank you DaveAtkins and dik for confirming, do you know any guidelines explaining the lock off load and the common practice value in telecom self supporting tower. I mean the factors that a design engineer needs to consider for the lock-off load. there are some limit for this force as explained in PTI document but I can not find certain guidelines explaining how much to take the optimum lock-off force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back