Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rollback event...command stack - Solid Edge V20 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tys0n

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2010
US
Sorry for cross posting, I realized that this is more of a Solid Edge question than a Visual Basic question.

I have a program that opens DFT files, switches to a specified sheet, and exports a DXF file. After about 20 or so files, Solid Edge crashes. The crash log includes this line:

The rollback event cannot allow saving of the active document because the command stack is empty.

Any help in fixing this will be greatly appreciated.

Terry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll start by saying that I am not a programmer myself, but do work with our team of developers on various Solid Edge applications.

I believe we have run into this before (or something similar) and the solution was to terminate Solid Edge and start it up again after a certian ammount of files have been processed.

There is some issue or limitation in the API that causes the problem.

Jon Sutcliffe / Solid Mastermind
The Solid Edge Community. Video training sessions, best practice documents, process maps and interactive training

Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Restarting SE was suggested on another site as well. Unfortunately, this in not an option for me. I am looking into using Marshal.ReleasComObject() to see if it will solve the problem. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Terry

There is a routine delivered with SE called "OpenSave" that will run through a whole load of files and open then save them, for upgrading to new version.
This routine closes and restarts SE after processing a number of files then continues doing its stuff.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

Well, I haven't realy solved this problem yet but I do have a work arround. Closing the drawings is where the problem comes in so I changed it to leave all the drawings open until all files have been processed and then go through and close them all. I don't realy like leaving them open like that but it works for now. I will still try to figure out how to close the files as I go without crashing SE. I've even use ReleaseComObject but it still crashes after a certain number of files. I think it is a .NET problem. I may spend time learning C++ to see if this will solve the problem since, as I understand it, VC++ is not .NET.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back