Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Roller Skating Rink Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

klipper

Structural
May 2, 2002
US
I am in the very early stages of the building layout for a new roller skating facility. I have scoured the internet for design information, visited a few local rinks, and called local municipalities for reference construction drawings of existing roller rinks. I have not had much luck in finding information to help me lay out the building as far as "what works best where" for a roller rink. I was wondering if anyone has had any design tips for me or knows of any good references regarding skating facilities. Thank you in advance for your suggestions and answers.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Assuming that you are a strucural engineer, you need an architect to design the building, then you can design the structure. There are so many issues involved in the design of the building, including exiting, fire ratings, accessibility, MEP systems, space planning, etc., for which you are not trained. You would be doing a disservice to your client if you tried to design the building, not to mention practicing beyond the scope of your license.

Kippler, I'm thinking about doing the same thing. How has it been going. I would love some advise if you have your business up and running.

hut623,

The customer backed out of this project for lack of financing, and the project never came to fruition. Never did find any good resources. The best thing to do was to go visit other skating facilities and ask around about what does or does not work. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back