Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Ron: Florida Gators vs. South Carolina Gamecocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey all. I can now state with certainty that Cornell has broken their winless streak and have a 1 game winning streak in tow - we beat Columbia 30-27 to capture the Empire State Bowl! Hey OldestGuy -

Far above Cayuga's waters,
With its waves of blue,
Stands our noble Alma Mater,
Glorious to view.

Refrain
Lift the chorus, speed it onward,
Loud her praises tell;
Hail to thee, our Alma Mater!
Hail, all hail, Cornell!

Far above the busy humming
Of the bustling town,
Reared against the arch of heaven,
Looks she proudly down.

Refrain

BigH - I don't know. We Iowa State Cyclone fans are pretty low right now in the Big 12.

Check out Eng-Tips Forum's Policies here:
faq731-376

Another interesting game was the Notre Dame vs Northwestern. I actually got to watch it (up at 0430h to start) but had to go to work before it ended - with ND up and no way Northwestern could win. Then I read that NW actually did win so luckily I had a chance to watch a replay. Talk about stupidity - with 1'30" left, NW had no time outs and ND could have just kneeled three times - but they ran the ball and the runner fumbled! NW ball and they went down and their kicker who had never kicked a field goal in the season until this game over 30 yards hit a 46 yarder to tie it (he had a 31 yarder earlier in the game). OT and ND field goal kicker - one of the most accurate in the country missed his second of the game. NW's guy, then proceeding to kick a 45 yard one to win in OT - WAY TO GO NORTHWESTERN! (A little hint - I can't stand Notre Dame winning!)

But it was a good game!

SRE.....not the "year of the Gator"!! Sorry I missed your post.

I never worry too much about Spurrier. He can have a mediocre year then come back and be a title contender. He moans and whines a lot, but he's a hell of a coach!

My son goes to FSU. I'm amazed at how many times they have rebounded in the games this season....should have lost a couple at least......and then there's Jameis Winston!

Who knows....maybe the Gators will do it on Saturday against FSU!

I had a chance to watch Ohio State vs Wisconsin . . . had a terrific football induced headache (don't worry, I make up many times over with work to counter the 4 hours spent watching the game). I was happy indeed! Now bring on 'Bama!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back