Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Room air conditioning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esha2012

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2012
AE
Hi Everyone,

I am to this forum and joined to get some technical tips from all experts.

I would like to know the advantages and saving of power if I set up a small diesel engine driven refrigeration compressor for room air conditioning.Since power cuts and brown outs are major problem in India where I come from.

Expecting your valuable tips and opinion.

Thanks& Regards.

Hemanth

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Set up a larger diesel driven generator instead. No point keeping the refrigeration circuit running if the fans and controls are not.

The advantages are that you will have air conditioning and other services when the power goes out.

The disadvantages are that you will have more equipment to maintain.

There is no energy savings.

Thanks For your valuable information.If I go for an Gen set I have to buy very large capacity I think to run 2 Ton Split unit. What I thought was to Run the compressor with Diesel engine or petrol engine and take small A/C power for cooling fan and controls from the same driver.Sounds rude idea right?Will there be any saving in terms of diesel cost If I prefer this method over generator?

Thanks& Regards.

Hemanth

2 ton split unit with an open drive compressor that could be directly coupled to an engine?

Seems unlikely.

Just go for the generator. More easily available. More versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back