Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotate Model Parallel to Screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneilldm

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2001
US
In our previous CAD software I could position my model parallel to the screen with (1) click...
With Creo 2.0 I've got it down to (4) by putting the "Reorient" command on the toolbar.

Is there a faster way to do this that I have not discovered yet?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can put the reorient on the little floating toolbar so it's only 2 clicks. Stupid ribbon interface has doubled the number of clicks in all software, I want to sue Mr. Bill for carpal tunnel disabilities.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Thanks for the reply. I did put it on the floating tool bar... but I still count at least (4) clicks. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

-Click Reorient Icon
-select Front
-select Top
-OK

They have the (1) click icon in the sketcher...
I never realized how much I used this in my old program... till now!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=aa676b0e-2160-4e53-b75e-9649748613b6&file=11-12-2015_7-11-19_AM.jpg
Don't you have named views in your parts? Click Named Views then click Front (assuming you have an Front named view).

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Well of course we have named views... and I can create new named views... but that will always zoom me in or out the that specific view. All I really want is the orientation... which is what the "Sketch View" command does in the sketcher. I notice the Sketch View does not change your zoom and does not throw your part off the screen.

PTC doesn't deal with views the way other software providers do. There's no getting what you want without becoming a Toolkit developer and writing it yourself.

The zoom hardly matters these days since you just roll the scroll wheel back and forth. That's all I do to pan these days too as it's much faster than hitting control keys.

You could create a macro to do your 4 clicks for you and bind it to a single key.

You could also (easier option imo) select the face you want to look at and click "View Normal" which is located under the named views dropdown in the view toolbar on your screen. That's 2 clicks.

Untitled_iea21o.png

Please, please, please, use the correct terms!They're Datum Features NOT DATUMS!!! AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAA" -- Don Day

Oh... you had my hopes up with "View Normal"... but it does not show up in my menu like yours....
Maybe it's the way I'm selecting the face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back