Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotate Part or assembly ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000mustanggtguy

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
Everybody,

How do I make my new mouse rotate a part or a assembly ? I've loaded the new drivers for my new mouse and now my rotate option does not work when I hold down my middle button wheel, but the zoom feature works when I move the wheel up or down, so I need some advice.

Printed Circuit Board Designer
Stangs rule!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

you may have to use the Shift & Ctrl keys in combination with the mouse wheel.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Sometimes the middle button (pressing the scroll wheel) is mapped by default to something like "Universal Scroll". Change it to "Middle Button" or "Button 3" or some equivalent.

See if "Control Panel/mouse" settings change anything for you. I have seen it work for some and not others.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-05)

If it is a Microsoft mouse check into the control panel, mouse. In that window is a troubleshoot. Basically you need to add the Solidoworks.exe file to the list and you mouse will work correctly.

mncad

You might want to tell us which mouse you are using to help you out better. The middle button may have a different setting with Microsoft or Logitech mice. Also, if you double-click an edge, or double-click a straight tangent-line (sheet metal for example), you can rotate about that axis.

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back