Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotate Text in Sketch 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjb60

Petroleum
May 19, 2003
US
I'm using SW 2004. I'm putting stamped part numbers on my parts. I've successfully created the text as a cut.
How can I rotate the text in the sketch? When I right click on the text and use the rotate button all the text slants. It will not rotate the whole line of text.
Thanks,
Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tools\Sketch Tools\Modify

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Click the "Modify Sketch" button and then RMB, rotate the sketch to suit. If you have already done the cut feature, simply "Edit sketch" prior to the above steps.
This is also the way to position the sketched text.

Draw a line in construction geometry. Then when you are entering text, pick the construction line and the text will snap to that line. You can either preselect the line before you pick the sketch text tool, or select the line once in the text entering tool. You have options to right, left, or center justify the text on that line as well as mirror and flip. You can move the line and the text goes with it. The line can be any type of geometry, such as an arc or spline and the text will follow the profile. If you needed to rotate the text, you could simply grab the endpoint of the line and move it to "rotate" the line, if you will. A line is nice because you can precisely locate your text using dimensions, either angular or linear. I use the construction geometry all the time for sketch text. It works great.

Pete Yodis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back