Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotating Object/ Datum plane issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAREng

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2011
US
I am having trouble trying to figure out a way to get the datum planes on pro/e to remain visible when rotating the figure with the middle mouse button. This issue happens anytime I try to rotate the working area. This happens when there is a solid or if it is empty. I can't seem to find an option to keep this from happening can someone give me some advice

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is done for performance reasons. Also, the names displayed with a datum are redisplayed after you release the mouse button and are regenerated in the viewing plane.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Yes, this was very helpful. In the top menu follow the steps shown below.

View > Display Settings > Model Display > Display While Re-orienting > (check) Datums

For anyone who needs more detailed information!

Does the Help menu work now in Pro/E? Or does it just link to this Forum?

Yeah like Looslib said the datum hide is to improve performance. This is the same reason that Hidden Line display is not dynamically calculated and the Part Displays all edges in Wireframe while spinning unless you set
FastHLR to Yes

This option can be found on the Environment dialog Tools > Environment
Then all hidden line calculations are done live you'll see edge change to hidden when it goes behind other geometry.

According to SolidWorks for their system showing in Shaded Mode is easier than Wireframe for display purposes.
Ben I was wondering what your thoughts on this were, Or if UGNX handles graphics display similarly.

Michael

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ Shweep
= ProE = SolidWorks

Don't have access to NX anymore. WF3, 4, 5, Elemenets/Pro 5 and creo 1 only. Just had AutoCAD 2011 installed for integration testing with WC10.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back