Rotating Shoe Valves for Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewfreeman

Mechanical
May 16, 2005
GB
Good Day to everyone,

After hours trawling the net this is my last hope.

Basically I'm looking for a rotating shoe valve that can be used on steam. I want to divert a steam supply between 2 lines, therefore I'll need a 3 port diverting valve. To make things even more complicated I would like the valve to be actuated mechanically (via a mechanical rotating action - hence the rotating shoe valve).

So far I've found a 3-port rotary shoe valve designed for water (I think they're common in heating systems) but none that are designed for use on steam.

Maybe they don't exist due to problems of tight shut-off, or maybe I'm just asking too much. If anyone has any useful information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Andy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Phone SPIRAX SARCO Ltd at Cheltenham, England.
or Gestra Ltd, who I think are now part of the Flowserve group at Haywards heath.
They may not manufacture them themselves, but they'll be able to advise.
The other avenues I'd try are : Honeywell Controls or
Samson Control Valves.

Good Luck !

VG

Thanks for the info ValveGod. I actually work for Spirax Sarco and we don't make them.

I don't think rotary shoe valves exist for steam. It might be due to the fact that you won't get a tight shut off.

Andy

ValveDude,

My pressure will be around 3 to 5 bar gauge. Like you say there are billions of valves out there, but I haven't had much luck finding a rotary shoe valve. I'm especially looking for a valve which requires a low actuation force.

It looks like I might have to design one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back