Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotation of object - ANSYS APDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

APacheco

Structural
Mar 19, 2018
BR
Good afternoon!

I am working at ANSYS APDL and i created a work plane at the plane YZ (Global axis). I created an object and changed to the cylindrical coordinate. Then, i Move/Modify the object and for DY i set to 45 degree. The object was rotated, but it rotated with respect the Global Z axis. I would like to rotate, for example, with respect the new WX or WY (Local axis).

Please, could somebody help me with detailed description of the steps to follow?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi APacheco,

For the cylindrical coordinate system, the rotation will be in the Z axis (second picture below).
GMOD24.gif

Try first rotating the coordinate system using THYZ or THZX of LOCAL command before you move/modify the object.

Kind regards,
Jason

Hi Jason!

Thanks for your help. I tried to change the values of THYZ or THZX, but i did not have success. I used the macro below. It worked, but the rotation is about Global Z, i would like to rotate about WZ (Local Z). Could you help me?

/PREP7
WPLANE, 1,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,1
BLC4,0,0,5,10,0
BLC4,0,0,5,10,0
LOCAL,11,1,2.5,5,0, , , ,1,1,
CSYS,11, !Select the coord.
FLST,3,1,5,ORDE,1
FITEM,3,1
AGEN, ,P51X, , ,0,45,0, , ,1 !Select the area and rotate it using move/modify (rotation of 45 deg)

Thanks!

Hi APacheco,

Comparing the sequence for parameters, your specified command has THXY=THYZ=THZX=0. Note that AGEN works in the active coordinate system, not Working Plane coordinates.

[pre]LOCAL, KCN, KCS, XC, YC, ZC,[highlight #CE5C00] THXY[/highlight],[highlight #CE5C00] THYZ[/highlight],[highlight #CE5C00] THZX[/highlight], PAR1, PAR2
LOCAL, 11, 1,2.5, 5, 0,[highlight #CE5C00] [/highlight],[highlight #CE5C00] [/highlight],[highlight #CE5C00] [/highlight],1,1,[/pre]

The LOCAL command is edited below. Give this a try.
Code:
/PREP7
WPLANE, 1,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1,1
BLC4,0,0,5,10,0
BLC4,0,0,5,10,0

LOCAL,11,1,2.5,5,0, , , -90,1,1,  

CSYS,11, !Select the coord.
FLST,3,1,5,ORDE,1
FITEM,3,1 
AGEN, ,P51X, , ,0,45,0, , ,1 !Select the area and rotate it using move/modify (rotation of 45 deg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back