Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rotation of shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruntCZ

Mechanical
May 7, 2013
CZ
Hello everybody,
I need help with my recent analysis. I need to perform rotation of shaft with one force applied analysis. The Shaft has to rotate about it's axis about 360 degrees. Only one force is aplied in this shaft. Can anyone tell me which analysis do I have to perform? Any other advices will be most appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!
Please, is there anyone who can help me with this issue? I am using SOL601, with contact set to "glued" everything works nicely, but with regular contact this error appear:

***WARNING: No element connection for node 2 directions 4, 5, 6
***WARNING: Similar warning suppressed for 3269 other nodes.
***WARNING: Nodal degrees of freedom without element
connection have been fixed for data input file.
*** ADINA data input file tmpadvnlin.dat successfully created.

This seems hopeless for me :(

Hi!
In fact I don't really understand what are you trying. What does it mean "shaft with one force applied?" Where does the force apply? Contact with what? You choose SOL601 why?

Obviously your errors it's warnings. And if you translate them it means your node (in fact 3269 nodes) has degrees of freedom in direction 4, 5, 6 (rotation in x, y, z).

Regards jrz

Hi, thx for reply.

It's crankshaft of turbocompressor, and the force is applied on piston. So whole assembly is connected together by contacts and modeled by solid elements, so it doesn't have 4,5,6 DOF.
And i chose SOL601, because I need contacts and I need solution in time (one rotation of crankshaft).

Whole model has 3269 nodes (it's just small testing model).

Hi,
I have been in similar problem recently. But I was in the time pressure due the tender so I did it as the static analysis only and I didn't really figure out.

So your model is piston->connecting rod->crankshaft right? How look your boundary conditions (constraints)?

P.S. Can I ask you where are you from (I suspect Czech rep.)?

Yes, I'm form Czech. rep. Why?
Yes, you are correct about my model. Applied BC:
- force on piston
- Then there are a rigid elements in one bearing (surface spider node)and this node is fully fixed in cylindrical Csys (z - axis of shaft). This node is on axis of shaft.
- On this node made by rigid surface spider node is enforced displacemen load (6,28 - one rotation of shaft) about axis z (axis of shaft).
- Second bearing has just 1st DOF of same Csys - fixed (just the radial direction).
- Last BC is on piston, allows it to moving only in one direction (just sliding up and down).

But this is not my problem, by now
My biggest problem, is that I can't make the contact work in SOL601. I tried on very simple model, and it's not work, only with gluing, regular contact just don't work at all :(

Because I'm Czech too and we can discuss your problem in our nation language and put here only the solution in English if you want.

I attach a file to contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back